Laser Hair Removal
For those who are wanting to permanently remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal can be the best solution for you. There is no need to book waxing appointments or to struggle with ingrown hairs or razor burns. Here is everything you need to know about our laser hair removal services.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is one of the only FDA-approved procedures for targeting hair growth beneath the skin. It is also the most permanent option for hair removal. Laser hair removal is essentially as it sounds. Your licensed provider will use a laser to target and remove your unwanted hair. Our laser hair removal services offer precise, timely, and satisfying results.
How Laser Hair Removal Works
While laser hair removal may sound intimidating, it’s quite the opposite. Our laser hair removal is a beam of high-intensity light that is focused on the targeted area. The light targets the pigment in a hair follicle, which absorbs the light and destroys the hair. After a few treatments, the follicles will fall out and the hair will be permanently removed.
A common misconception about laser hair removal is that the lasers contain radiation, but they only contain as much radiation as your normal lightbulb. The FDA-approved light used in the procedure is non-ionizing, which means it uses the natural radiation of light. Ionizing light is the light used in x-rays, UV, and nuclear radiation and is not produced by hair removal lasers.
Full results typically appear in six to eight sessions, each spaced four to six weeks apart, but our provider will recommend the number of sessions based on your targeted area. Our laser hair removal services can permanently remove up to 95% of hair growth. If any other hair does appear, you can always book a follow-up maintenance appointment to target that area.
The Laser and Technologies We Use for Laser Hair Removal
Instead of applying all heat at once, ForeverBare BBL builds up the heat by targeting the hair follicles with low-energy pulses. Since each hair follicle is hit about 10-12 times, it’s less likely to miss a hair. Also, because the heat is applied gradually, there is a lower risk of burning the patient. Some even describe the experience as comfortable as a hot stone massage.
Our Laser Hair Removal Services Benefits
If you’re tired of unwanted hair, here are some reasons you should consider our laser hair removal services.
Save time and money. There’s no need to waste any more money buying hair removal products or take up your time by booking waxing appointments.
It’s low maintenance. Laser hair removal eliminates the need for shaving, waxing, and plucking every other day.
Experience less pain. No more wincing as your pluck or remove wax from your skin. No more nicks from razors. Enjoy smooth skin without the hassle.
Enjoy smooth skin. With the hair follicles completely removed, you don’t have to struggle with any more ingrown hairs, razor bumps, or stubble.
Laser hair removal is precise. The laser targets only the specific areas you want hair removed from. This also makes the procedure fast and consistent as well.
Face: Upper Lip, Chin, and Eyebrows
There’s no need to waste any more money buying hair removal products or take up your time by booking waxing appointments.
Body: Arms, Legs, Back
Larger areas will take a longer time to treat; the sessions can take up to 30 minutes, but usually no longer than 15 minutes. These areas are also the most common laser hair removal places for men.
Sensitive Areas: Bikini line, Brazilian
These areas are generally easier to treat since the hair tends to be coarser. Lasers favor coarser hair since the pigment is easier to detect. Since they are also in sensitive areas, more often than not numbing cream will be applied.
What’s Discussed at Your Consultation
Our laser hair removal services start with a consultation. This meeting is for our providers to learn more about your skin type, hair follicle color, and coarseness. These are characteristics our provider needs to know to calibrate the laser’s wavelength, pulse duration, and cooling treatment for your safety and best results.
During this consultation, you and your provider will also discuss your health history, current medication, and previous surgeries to make sure there are no complications with your procedure. If you have any questions regarding your safety or candidacy for laser hair removal, your provider will be able to answer them so you feel confident moving forward.
How to Prepare for Your Treatment
Before you come to your laser hair removal appointment, you should make sure your skin is properly prepped. That includes:
- Avoiding direct sun to prevent skin damage. If you have a sunburn, wait until after the sunburn is healed to attend your appointment
- No tweezing, waxing, or threading before treatment.
- Shave 24-48 hours beforehand so the hair is short, but the follicle is still present under the surface.
- Avoid skin products like tanners and exfoliants to have a clean surface, protect the skin, and show your natural skin tone. Any type of “false” or “temporary” pigment can be misinterpreted by the laser and can potentially cause burns.
How Our Laser Hair Removal Services Work
When our patients enter our office for treatments, we want them to know every step of their procedures so they feel confident going forward. While we tailor each treatment for each patient, here is a general guide so you know what to expect for your laser hair removal appointment.
- We ask for you to show up to your appointment with no makeup, lotions, or perfumes on your skin. If there is, we will remove it before your session.
- You and your provider will wear safety glasses to protect the eyes.
- The hair follicles in the area are zapped with the laser. Most patients describe the pain as similar to a rubber band snapping the skin. However, if you have a lower pain threshold or you’re receiving treatment in a sensitive area, your provider can apply numbing cream.
- Each session can take as little as five minutes for smaller areas like the lips or chin, but larger areas like the back or legs take around 15-30 minutes. If you have a longer treatment, you can pass the time by reading a book or listening to music.
- The session is complete, and you are free to continue with your day.
Laser Hair Removal Aftercare
Between treatments, it’s important to maintain your skin’s health to guarantee the best results. Here are our recommendations to protect your skin.
- Avoid sun and wear sunscreen (at least SPF 30) on the treated area.
- For three days post-treatment, avoid hot water like saunas, steam rooms, or hot tubs and take lukewarm showers.
- Avoid working out for at least a day after treatment to avoid irritation.
- You can shave between treatments but do not wax or pluck.
- To encourage the hair follicles to fall out, use a light exfoliation between treatments.