Information For Our Out-of-Town Patients
Step 1: Your Consultation
If a Fly In Consultation Is Not Possible…
Virtual Consultation – We ask that you send photos that your provider will review. Based on the photo review, a zoom consultation is set up to discuss the surgical plan and answer any questions you may have.
Step 2: Scheduling
- One of our patient care coordinators will work with you to help you select your surgery date and your pre-operative date, which is typically one to two days before the surgery date based on your provider’s recommendations.
- A non-refundable deposit is collected with the final payment being due in full at the pre-operative appointment.
- The patient care coordinators will mail or email a pre-operative packet with preoperative information and informed consent for your review. We will review the paperwork and any related questions at the pre-operative appointment.
- If lab work or diagnostic testing is required, this will need to be done 30 days prior to your procedure. The patient care coordinator will give you all the details to ensure we have everything we need for your surgery.
- The pre-operative appointment typically will last 1 to 1.5 hours. During this appointment, we will finalize the surgical plan, review pre/postoperative teaching and education, take pre-operative photos, collect surgical fees, and review logistics for the day of the surgery.
Step 3: Surgery
Step 4: Recovery
Step 5: Virtual Follow-Up Appointments
Providing Care that is Worth Your Time and Money
We want to make sure all of our patients have access to quality professional plastic surgery. We coordinate and communicate with our out-of-town patients to ensure a comfortable and smooth experience when scheduling their procedures and working with our providers. Whether you are an out-of-town or in-person patient, you can contact us at Gayoso Plastic Surgery and MedSpa to schedule your consultation, and we’ll provide you with the best care for your plastic surgery.