What Is Brachioplasty?
• Tightens and smooths out the supportive tissues that define the shape of the upper arm
• Reduces localized pockets of fat in the upper arms
Who Is a Suitable Candidate?
• Adults who are 18 years of age or above
• Individuals with substantial upper-arm skin laxity
• Individuals with a relatively stable weight and who are not significantly overweight
• Individuals with medical conditions that do not impair healing or increase the risk of diabetes and blood pressure
• Individuals who are not allergic to any type of anesthesia
• Individuals who do not take blood thinners
The Arm-Lift Procedure
The arm-lift procedure is an operation that reshapes the upper arms. Once Dr. Gayoso determines if the patient is a suitable candidate for the surgery, a treatment plan is created that defines the incision locations.
The treatment area is cleaned, and the incision points are carefully marked on the skin. General anesthesia or intravenous sedation with local anesthesia is administered to the patient.
The incision length and pattern are discussed by the patient and the surgeon during the consultation. Depending on the surgeon’s preference, the incision is placed inside the arm or on the back of the arm. It may extend from the underarm to just above the elbow.
Dr. Gayoso will use liposuction to remove the excess fat. Internal sutures are used to tighten and reshape the underlying supportive tissues, and a scalpel is used to remove excess skin. The skin is re-draped and then the incisions are closed with stitches that will be removed within a couple of weeks.
Dressings or bandages may be applied to the incisions, and the arm is wrapped with a compression garment or an elastic bandage to minimize swelling. Excess blood or fluid is drained by placing a small tube under the skin. The surgeon gives post-surgery instructions to be followed during the recovery period.
Make an Appointment to Find Out More
A brachioplasty tones the upper arms to create long-lasting slim contours. Get the upper arms you’ve always been hoping for – contact the office of Dr. Antonio Gayoso today for a consultation. Dr. Gayoso is a board-certified plastic surgeon with years of experience.