Planning for your breast augmentation can help your recovery go smoother. Here are a few things to make sure you take care of when planning for your breast augmentation.
- Arrange time off from work. You need time to recover and rest. If you’re gainfully employed, this is often the first item on your calendar that needs clearing. Count on taking at least a week off work.
- Arrange for someone to drive you to and from your procedure. Since these people might also need to take time off from work, it’s best to do this as soon as possible, too.
- Arrange for someone to care for kids, pets, plants, and Tamagotchi. Make sure this person has your complete confidence for the task at hand. Resting means freeing your body and mind from tasks. If your mind is cluttered with concern and you are tempted to get up every five minutes to help with something, you’re not really resting.
- Set up your recovery space. Make it someplace cool, quiet and comfortable, with a supportive pillow or wedge and numerous entertainments at your fingertips. While you’re at it, remove items you might need from the high shelves and put them on the countertop for easy access. In the immediate recovery period, you’re not going to be able to reach over your head to rummage in the cupboards.
- Fill your prescriptions. It’s always better to get them filed before your surgery than trying to get it done after the fact.
Most of our patients report that recovery from breast augmentation was much easier than expected. And taking care of all these steps (not to mention following all of Dr. Gayoso’s postoperative instructions) can help ensure your recovery is also surprisingly easy.
To start preparing for your breast augmentation, please contact Gayoso Plastic Surgery in Tampa.