If you are unhappy with the size or shape of your breasts, you likely know that breast implantscan help. They can not only increase the volume of your breasts, but can increase their firmness and give them a perky, upward thrust to give you a youthful appearance (but they can’t address true sagging–this requires a breast lift). The only question you may have is: Am I a candidate for breast implants?
The ideal candidate for breast implants:
- Is 18 or older (22 or older for silicone gel breast implants)
- Is in good general health: at or near healthy weight, no untreated infections, no autoimmune disorders, and a non-smoker
- Is not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Has a generally good attitude about herself and her life
- Is willing and capable of understanding the procedure’s benefits and risks
If you do not meet all the above characteristics, you may still be candidate, but there may be some reasons why you have to wait or accept additional risk. During your consultation, we will discuss these factors.
The best way to learn whether you are a candidate for breast implants is to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Antonio J. Gayoso. Dr. Gayoso’s office is convenient for patients across the Tampa area, including St. Petersburg and Clearwater, Florida.